Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here in Ecuador... finally!

Hey! We are finally here! We got in at 2 am last night! It was crazy! We got a ride to our hotel and Juan told us to stay till he called us this morning. Well, he never called, so we made a command decision to just catch our flight anyway. We wound up running into him at the airport somehow...and he told us where to go when we got here. So, we get to Cuenca, and are checking into the hotel where he told us to go..and three people walk in and ask if I'm Deborah Williams. They found us there...and took us to where we were REALLY supposed to be. We were amazed at how it all worked out...we are definitely meant to be here and are being looked after!

I am going to the clinic at 7 am tomorrow morning for my first day of treatments. No one here speaks any English so we are getting worried about getting food! I think we might starve to death! Everything is closed on Sundays too because everyone is Catholic! Hey...at least I might lose more weight! We are eating the food we hoarded at the airport yesterday...thank God we did that!! Anyway...the weather is awesome and the town is pretty with all the mountains. It is definitely different here!

I will e-mail again to let you know how everything is going! We have wifi in the hotel...so we'll check e-mail when we're here! I love you! talk to you soon!

Love Debbie

1 comment:

  1. You go Deb!!!! I'm back here pullin' for ya and I'm definitely looking forward to your posts! I'm really excited for this trip & I agree, this IS it! I have that funky feeling - in a good way...:-}
    Oh, and, I hope you've found some food by now...Take care you!!! Love ya, Always praying, Marj

    ReplyDelete